If you have run out of Aspen fuel and looking to use regular petrol in the interim, there are no issues switching to and from the different fuels. Just bear in mind that the longer you use regular petrol the more likely your machine is to suffer from damage.
Tips for switching to regular petrol:
- Ensure that the fuel is fresh – less than 1 month from purchase.
- Only purchase the fuel you need for the task at hand – avoiding waste of leftover fuel going stale fuel.
- If you are usually using Aspen 2, don’t forget to add 2-stroke oil to your fuel mix.
- Switch back to Aspen fuel as soon as possible and avoid storing machinery with regular pump petrol in the fuel tank.
Did you know? Switching to run on Aspen fuel will have a cleaning effect on the internal parts and particularly the exhaust port from the soot build-up associated with other fuels!
Practical tips when switching to Aspen for storage:
- Before changing fuel you should run the fuel tank as low as possible on the last use.
- Once filled with Aspen fuel continue to use or run the machine for long enough to ensure it has worked through the fuel system. Doing this will eradicate stale fuel issues and the machine can be stored away for long periods of time.
- After the first few hours from the fuel switch, visually inspect the machine for any fuel leaks.
If you have further questions please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com we will be happy to help.
To find out more about the benefits of working with Aspen fuel please visit the website.